Texas Sweet Heat Meatloaf
1 pound of hamburger meat
3/4 cups oats or 1 cup crumbled crackers
1 egg well beaten
3/4 cup of Texas Sweet Heat, hot or mild. Save the rest of the salsa to pour over the top of meatloaf.
Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, mix the salsa, ground beef, eggs, cracker or oats together.
- Cut a large square of waxed paper and roll out the ground beef mixture into a flat square.
- .Roll the waxed paper, with the meatloaf in the middle, until it shapes into a loaf.
- Carefully unfold the waxed paper from the meatloaf and remove it.
- Place in a loaf pan.
- Top with some of the remaining salsa.
- Bake in the oven at 375° F for 50 to 55 minutes or until done.